Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Baked Potato Soup and S'mores Cookies

Ok, so I had to make dinner to take to friends the other night and decided that I would try something different.  I wanted to take something that would be different from the normal poppy seed chicken or lasagna.  So, I made Baked Potato soup.  I used this recipe and it was fabulous!  Peter told me that it was restaurant quality.  Just keep in mind that the soup is NOT low-fat or low-calorie.  I did use light sour cream but I went with the whole milk and used the suggested amount of butter.  One thing I have to say is that the soup really thickens as it cools.  Therefore, if you're taking it to someone and they'll need to warm it up, I would tell them to put it in a saucepan and add a little milk.  Warm it on medium and stir, stir, stir.  Yum.
So my camera is broken.  How frustrating!  I was able to use Matt and Michelle's camera for Alexander's birthday pictures.  Luckily, it's the same brand as mine so it was straightforward.  Unfortunately, they had to go back to Kentucky after the party so I'm left with my cell phone camera.  I didn't get a picture of the soup but the Kitcn website has a great one so just look at theirs for inspiration.

For dessert, I made S'mores Cookies.  I'm sure there are lots of recipes out there for these but I used this one.  I found Peter sneaking a few so I knew they were good.  He doesn't usually give in to sweets temptations.  That's annoying.  I never used like sweets. I was of the 'give me a bag of chips and I'm happy' attitude.  How things change.  Anyhow, I didn't think to take any pictures of the cookies until just now.  We had one left.  So to the left is the lonely little cookie, sitting on my window ledge trying to get enough light since my cell camera has no flash.

No comments: