Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Give a hoot!

It's so interesting to see what the trends are each season.  Now that I've really gotten into sewing, I'm keeping an eye on fabric trends.  I couldn't resist this owl fabric that I saw at Children's Corner since owls seem to be so popular right now.  Why is that?  They're everywhere!  I've seen several different blog posts on how to make your own stuffed owls, a friend dressed her baby as an owl this year (cutest costume ever!), and now I've made Charlotte an owl dress.  I used a basic pattern but modified it so I could add the piping and argyle accents.  And, since Charlotte is such a girly-girl, I decided to make her a little coordinating purse.  I'm going to have to toot my own horn a little because I'm so happy with how this dress turned out.  Give me a little hoot if you like it too!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

When we took Lincoln to the ER a couple weekends ago he was in his owl pajamas and his doctor was Dr. Hoot. love me some owls!