Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Still sleeping

News from here is no news. I'm still sleeping a majority of my days away. I'd like to brag that my energy is back and that I'm out and about so much that I don't have time to blog...But that's not the case. I phoned my doctor last Thursday, hoping for a little sympathy (and perhaps more medication). The nurse returned my call on Monday afternoon, less than sympathetic and said that I should be feeling better by the end of this week. So, at least I have something to look forward to!
I did drive over to the Green Hills YMCA today to get some information on joining (that wore me out, if you can believe it). It's expensive to be a member of the Y, in my opinion. A family membership is $89/month! That seems fairly extreme, especially when swimming lessons and Pilates classes cost extra. I guess that's the price of fitness! We'll probably join since I'd like to begin some sort of fitness program and I'd really like to get Alexander into some swimming lessons.
In fact, they have some swimming lessons that begin next week. What better way for us to bond than through some forced interaction in the water? He loves 'swimming' so it should be lots of fun and it's only for two weeks so if we don't like it, we can always do something else after those two weeks are over. We'll miss out on our playgroup and some great MOMs club activities but Alexander can show off his bubble blowing ability to all the cute girls, excellent trade off for him, I think!
Sorry that I haven't kept up my end of the bargain with the blog...I haven't been doing enough to inspire my writing creativity! I promise to keep you all more updated - my in-laws had to resort to calling me last week and this week to get updates! Thanks for checking on me!
My parents have promised to forward some photos of Alexander - I'll share them as soon as they arrive! No pressure, Mimi and Papa...we know that you're tired!

No comments: