Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, July 9, 2007

Back on the road!

I went to the endocrinologist today so the vampires could do their thing. We should know the results of my TSH test within 24 hours. Cross your fingers, say your prayers, send your good karma...I'm hoping that my TSH level will be high enough so that they can go ahead and schedule my radiation treatment. While I'm not looking forward to the treatment, I am looking forward to beating this cancer and I can't do that just sitting around, waiting!

Two big pieces of news today. Number one: I drove! Yes, I ventured out in the car. I drove all the way to TJ Maxx in Brentwood. And, I managed to spend at least $50 while I was there. I knew you'd be proud. I'm sure that each of you who chauffeured me around are happy to know that I can, once again, drive myself over to Kroger to buy my own butter. I am pleased to be 'free' although haven't ventured out again since Saturday night, well, not on my own anyway. It did take a lot out of me. I wonder if this is what it's like to grow older. Each day for me is like aging a year (or maybe ten). So tell me, my more mature readers, as you look back, would you say that you have less and less energy? Does your short-term memory begin to have more and more holes in it? Do you have aches and pains that can't be explained? I do, I do, I do...and I'm not talking about my wedding vows!
Okay, other big news. Alexander is home again! My dad is here, helping me. I should really say it the other way around. My dad is here and I'm helping him. Dad's been taking care of Alexander for three weeks so he's a seasoned professional. I feel like a new mom and am trying to get into the swing of parenting again. Alexander's testing the limits and my fuse is shorter than it usually would be. This should be an interesting point in my career as a mother. I will let you know how the next few days go. It will be challenging, I know.

No comments: