Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Overachiever!

Well, the cat is out of the bag. I am a serious overachiever. Yes, that's right. My TSH level came back and is 123! A quick explanation for those of you who are frowning at the number. A normal person's TSH is between 0 and 5, they were waiting for mine to go up to 40. So, gee, no wonder I'm not feeling great since my level is now up to 123 (one hundred twenty three). I was so shocked when the nurse said it. I said, "Well, I guess that's high enough, then." She giggled.

Anyway, they'll schedule my radiation for next week. I'm beginning my low-iodine diet today. I spent an hour at Fresh Market perusing labels and didn't come up with much. I did find meat and chicken that hadn't been infused with broth (broth typically has iodized salt). If I can find some energy somewhere, I might try Wild Oats tonight. They're bound to have more of a selection of dairy-free/salt-free stuff, right?

Is it wrong to mention that I miss cheese already?

2 comments:

futroska said...

Be sure to let us know what day your treatment is scheduled.

I want to come by and see you before you go in for your treatment.

Holly said...

Anne, if you get to Wild Oats try the Almond cheese. It's made with almond milk instead of cow's milk and I tried it on my hubby and he didn't know it wasn't real cheese. We've been strickly drinking almond milk for awhile now to help with our sinuses and I think it's working. It tastes really good too.