Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever!

 Back in September, auditions were held for the play, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, to be performed at Otter Creek in December.  I asked Alexander if he was interested in being a part of the show and he said, "Yes, definitely!"  So, he went to auditions and read the different parts.  He was the youngest kid who was auditioning for a speaking role.  When I got a call from the (fabulous) director, Eve, she asked if I was okay with him getting  a speaking role, knowing that I would have to help him learn it and drive him to and from the many rehearsals.  So, Alexander got the part as Hobie Clark in the show.  He had five separate lines and they were funny!  Alexander really enjoyed being a part of the show; he got to know new kids and was able to make people laugh during the show.

Alexander being being 'sacrificed' as the innkeeper.

Gladys Herdman threatening telling the shepherds that Jesus was born.
A week and a half before showtime, I was asked to make three wise man costumes.  Armed with yards of fabric and a few measurements, I whipped together the costumes.  I used this jedi robe tutorial to get an idea of how to cut the costumes.  I didn't cut it to open, just made the neck holes larger to allow them to pull the costumes over their heads.  I knew that the purple costume was going to have short arms for the wearer so I added the burgundy fabric to the ends.  Each robe is embellished with some sort of gold trim.  These were kings coming to meet Jesus so I wanted them to have a little bling.  Here are a couple pictures of the costumes in action (I totally forgot to take pictures of the costumes before taking them to church).


Goodness lies within all of us and especially during this season of giving and rejoicing, I need to be mindful that even if someone doesn't look like me or act like I think they should, they are still worthy of the miracle of Jesus and all of God's blessings.

No comments: