Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Friday, July 16, 2010

Time management = Fail

Two weeks ago: Oh, sure, Alexander, I'd be happy to make some chaps for your cowboy day at school. I found this really easy and free tutorial online and I'm sure it'll be no problem.
Fast-forward to last night: It took me 30 minutes to turn the tube for the waistband right-side out. I probably should have started this project before 9 pm the night before. But, I didn't want to let my little cowboy down. So, I pressed on and was able to make the chaps and a vest to complete the look. Alexander was THRILLED when he came down this morning. I think this costume beat out the pirate outfit in his opinion. I loved that I didn't have to buy a pattern! The vest is made out of felt so no hemming was required! The tutorial that I used didn't include the fringe on the chaps but that was so easy! I did that out of felt as well so I wouldn't have to worry about fraying.

I don't know if you can tell from this picture but the "belt buckle" has an A on it. He thought that was pretty cool.
And no cowboy costume is complete without proper chaps! Alexander was curious as to why I was taking this photo...I just couldn't resist!
I am pleased that Alexander was pleased but am vowing to become less of a procrastinator in the future. I'm tired today and am contemplating a nap while Charlotte takes hers!
In other news, people are starting to ask me to make things for them to purchase. I don't think I'm not quite there yet. I'm not a careful seamstress. I can't sew a straight line to save my life. I think that sewing for other people might completely stress me out and take the fun out of it. Peter thinks that I ought to take them up on it but I think he's just urging me so that I can fund my hobby. So, give me a couple more months of doing things for family and I might be able to figure out how to make everyone happy!

2 comments:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Your son is adorable! And he looks so happy! The fringe totally makes the chaps. And I love that he was confused about the "authentic" behind picture.

I would love to share this the next time I do a Feature post, if that would be all right with you? Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

Anne said...

I'd love for you to share this on your blog! Thanks, again, for the great idea. Alexander LOVES his chaps!