Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Oh no! (Path Report Results)

Well, I just received a phone call from my surgeon. The pathology report is back and it shows that I have the tall cell variation of papillary carcinoma - that's not great news because the tall cell variety is much more aggressive. The path report also shows that the cancer has spread to my lymph nodes. She took out 14 lymph nodes and the cancer showed up in five of them. I didn't realize that she had taken out so many of my lymph nodes but I guess it's good that she did. Dr. Williams (the surgeon) will pass the information on to my endocrinologist who will put together my treatment plan. My treatment will still be the same - radioactive iodine, the dose will be higher now that we know that the cancer has spread.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and am pleased that 3 minutes after I got the phone call from my doctor, I received 4 more flower arrangements! (Photos to come) Boy, am I spoiled!! Thank you to Irene, Neil, Robert, and David, Peter and Alexander, John and Linda, and Clare, Steve, Amy, and Charlotte!!

I'm still feeling quite sore and worn out. I'm having trouble getting comfortable enough to nap. Might have to move out onto the couch this afternoon.

No comments: