Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Serger!

Just so you don't feel like I've left you in the lurch, I am so busy playing with my new birthday present, a Babylock serger, I haven't updated in a bit.  I am still doing lots of sewing but I haven't done much cooking lately.  I hit a cooking block and haven't felt motivated to make anything.  Now that the cooler weather is setting in, I'm in the mood for soups, stews, and chili!  If you have a good recipe that you want to share, feel free to send me a link or a copy of the recipe.  I won't say no to some good inspiration!
I haven't photographed my latest projects because I've not yet completed them.  I'm totally out of elastic.  I'm all but finished with a cute skirt made of Moda fat quarters and a pair of pajama pants for Charlotte.  I used the same monkey flannel that I made Alexander's out of but I've added a ruffle to the bottom of Charlotte's for a little bit of a girly twist. I'm also putting the finishing touches on the Quiet Book for Charlotte.  I can't wait to show you all when I finally bind it all together.
Let me just tell you, I don't know how I lived without my serger and I've only been using it for a few days!  It will be fun to learn all the different things that it can do, even though the lady who taught me how to do the main stuff told me that it's basically a dumb sewing machine (no zig-zag stitch, no back stitch, only sews in a straight line).  I have a feeling that my serger and I are going to be great friends!  Thanks, Peter, Alexander, and Charlotte for this great gift!!

No comments: