Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

When it rains...

It pours! As if we needed something else going on in our lives, we've had two household events that have prevented me from posting recipes and photos that I promised. Number one issue happened yesterday evening. A five minute storm raced through Nashville and brought with it significant wind. That wind was strong enough to rip a huge limb (half a tree) off of one of our maples in the back yard. We didn't discover the problem until this morning when Alexander pointed out that the tree didn't look right. Upon further inspection, we found that the limb had jumped, for lack of a better word, off of its rightful spot (on the tree), and landed, javelin style, in the ground. It is resting against one of the other branches of the tree and some sort of cable, I think it's the internet. If that goes out, I won't be happy!
In addition to having the tree issue, our upstairs air conditioning unit keeps flipping the outside breaker. That means that we don't realize that there's an issue until it's 84 degrees upstairs. So, after calling about 8 different people, I got a guy to come out and take a look at it. He did something, I'm not sure what since I was chasing two kids around the yard, and said it was fixed. He changed me $160 and went on his way. One hour later, the breaker flipped and the house started heating up. Amazing how quickly the upstairs turns from comfortable to sauna-like! Anyhow, he'll be back again tomorrow to replace the breaker. Let's cross our fingers that it solves the problem.
I heard a song on the radio today that has the perfect words for the season of life that I'm in right now.
"And you know that there will be days in this life that bring me pain. But if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus, then bring the rain." Well, the rains have certainly come. We're praising and praying and hoping for a time of sunshine.

Photos of our fallen limb and the place where it used to be attached.

No comments: