Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kale!??!?!

So I promised that I would post a picture of the veggies that I'm trying to identify. Here ya go:


My 'expert' guess is that this is kale. I'm not 100% sure of my guess but I'm going to go with it because I love my one kale recipe. Sharing it here since I got a request. Even the kids like this one! I can hardly wait until tomorrow night when I get to eat this!! YUMMY! If you make it, let me know what you think! (Thanks to Lisa Baker who introduced me to kale and gave me this recipe.)

CREAMY WHITE BEAN SOUP W/ KALE, GARLIC AND SAUSAGE
8 oz. kielbasa, thinly sliced (I use turkey kielbasa because it seems a little healthier)
1Tbs. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
29 oz of reduced sodium chicken broth (2 cans)
2 cans cannellini beans (or Great Northern beans)
4 cups chopped kale (sometimes I use fresh spinach)
1. Brown kielbasa in large saucepan over med-high heat about 4 mins. Remove from pan.
2. Add oil to pan and cook garlic about a minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add beans,
and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Remove 1 cup of soup, including beans, and puree in blender until smooth. Stir bean puree, cooked sausage,
and chopped kale into soup and simmer until kale is tender, about 5-7 mins.
Makes 6 1/2 cups (4 servings)

No comments: