Search This Blog

Blogs of friends

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Restarting. Again.

Well, I can't believe that it's been so long since I posted. But then again, I can believe it. It actually takes quite a bit of effort to keep up with a blog and truthfully, my effort has been focused on other things. However, I think it's time to start so that I can correspond with the outside world and let you know what we're up to. Oops, ended a sentence with a preposition. Does that mean that I won't be allowed to post this entry? We'll see when it comes time to publish.
I am going to attempt to identify some of the vegetables that we receive from our CSA and post the information so that those who are new to CSA or vegetable eating in general, can recognize and know what to do with the veggies.
This week, we got some pretty easy to identify things: carrots, beets, radishes (I cut off the greens and put them in a jar of water in the fridge), spring onions (I chopped these and put them in the freezer for later use), a red lettuce, and a bag of something green and leafy. There's also an herb in there that smells yummy but I have no idea what to do with it. I will post photos of the two things that I'm unsure about as soon as I identify them!
The beets will be roasted this week. Simple, easy, yummy. I'm going to try the radishes on a bread and butter sandwich with salt this week. I read somewhere that they were pretty good that way. Since my normal impression of radishes is bland and rubbery, I'm going to branch out a bit and eat them in something outside of a restaurant salad.
Thanks for reading! Let me know if you're out there! I'm excited to get back out there to my adoring public. ha.

No comments: